Friday, October 29, 2010

How do you answer to this ??

The other day a student asked me, " Sir , how some I only got C+ when I submitted all my assignments?"----and this question was asked in BM, not in English...

How do you tell a student of a higher institution that the content on the assignments determine the answer ...just because ALL assignments are submitted  it doesn't guarantee you an 'A" ( shiver me down my spine when I typed that !)  !!!!!! My mind just went berserk when I heard his comment....mind you ..this comes from someone ( no disrespect intended) who couldn't speak two complete sentences in English. I would have thought he should have been grateful for a C+ and it wasn't a D-. The mind boggles !

From my past observation , I hope the person now realizes that life isn't all a barrel of fun and laughter in class....that it takes more than just laughing and joking in class to get a good grade. That there's this two-word-nine-letter that matters most when you want to be in an institution of higher learning.

I honestly and seriously hope that there aren't too many of such specimens around..


2 comments:

anak si-hamid said...

You're going to be shocked, sunnysideup.

These jerks have been around since I left teaching at a 'top' university up north in 1993. You can find them among the undergraduates and some of them become lecturers!

I guess your student must have been spawned by the same lot of iznogouds.

But mind you, there lots of them out there, like the bed bugs plagueing New York at present.

imsunnysideup said...

...not very promising isn't it....but thankfully there are those who make your day with their more constructive outlook... guess they help to keep us going...

...as for the rest.... i just do my commitment and they can fry themselves...what else can we do....