Sunday, October 3, 2010

Miracles do happen ....

Last Friday, I came back from office, switched on the computer and.............no broadband. I was beginning to fear another weekend without my window to the world ! 

So went through the drill of contacting the provider , and went through the same routine of self-diagnosing, self-repair and whatnots with the help of the technician on the line ----and all came to NOTHING !

Then the usual process of making a report and a reminder that 'the technician will come  48 hour after a report has been made...blah blah blah !'  Then the oh-so-kindly-and-helpful words, ' Is there anything else we can do for you sir ?'........I mean what else can it be. I only called you because I had no broadband connection....and you have not and could not solved my problem.......so what else else would I want from you ??? Oh ...perhaps you could send me a large pizza or even a cup of tea ?

So, I just had to brace myself for a weekend of total photography ! Then on Saturday, at about 10.30 am , while doing my grocery , I received a call from the technician asking me if I could connect to the Internet. Rushing home, I switched on my computer and ....miracle of miracles.... I was connected.

Now that had been a drastic and pleasant surprise for me after almost decade of broadband use.  In the past , it would at least be two days or even more of waiting before they got it rectified - week-end or not...but not this time around.

Well, credits should be given when it is deserved and due and I say "thank you and well done' to my provider ! However on a more sombre note, perhaps the old theory that business competition will help the consumers is true......but I wouldn't take it away from them....Thank you again !



1 comment:

anak si-hamid said...

Are you lucky or what? Still congrats to your provider. Now I'm trying to sort out my computer problem.
It's not a goer!