Monday, February 1, 2010

A sight to behold in all its glory --- the sunrise !

This time we did it ! The weather was kind to us . All we wanted was to capture the sunrise from atop Genting Highland ! ...and did we 'capture' it !  I left my house at 5.40am , and by 6.50 am, I was sitting on my stool with my two friends and with our cameras all set-up.There were other photo or sun-rise enthusiasts as well.

It was pretty chilly but that only adds  to the excitement, mood and ambiance.  A friend even  had to put on two jackets to keep warm and it was a good thing that I had a spare one in the car-boot. I would normally be able to take the cold quite easily. In fact I only had a t-shirt and normal shirt over it. But this time , my hands were as cold as ice ( well all our hands ) and finally gave in and put on my jacket! I was also lucky that I had my mono-pod, so the support helped to lessen the camera-shake from the shivering ! But I'd do it all over again !

Yessir.....sunnysideup it is !!

I have put the photos in chronological order to show the stages of the sun-rise !

STAGE 1
 
The first two shots did not show much of the yellowish hue of the sun.  Looks more like an UFO movie ! 


 STAGE 2


 
The sun is slowly getting visible. Clouds are clearer and the deep blue sky is getting brighter.



STAGE 3 



At this stage, the sun slowly appeared and gets bigger ...and....sigh... I wish I could be here again tomorrow morning !!

ALL THE ABOVE PHOTOS HAVE NOT BEEN EDITED OTHER THAN REDUCING ITS SIZE ! 

3 comments:

ph said...

Aaarrghhhh...

anak si-hamid said...

Gobsmacked !!!!!!!

Helas木村 said...

the sunny is up and up.. weeee..