Friday, March 6, 2009

Days of Bangkok Bank & SLG...(Scheme Latihan Graduan)

.....their 'products' which they sold on Valentines Day..
......waiting to go back....

....wish I knew what they were doing.....


...my collegue who is now a Deputy Director in one of the Ministries.
..........between breaks....

....feeding time ......
...one of the winners getting the prize from the Branch Manager

..ditto.......

....why she won the 'search'.....




......another aspiring singer....


....ditto....

....awaiting the results of the contest....

...practising the karaoke....

.....foolin around.....again...

...

....and more practise..

...our usual lunch-time siesta when we switched the lights....


A few years ago (time is immaterial) , I was teaching the unemployed graduates at the Bangkok Bank Branch. Students do English on a full-time basis ( 9.00am - 5.00pm ). Thats a lot of time to spend together. Because of lack of classrooms, I was given the meeting room as my class-room. There were about 20 students and we sat in this room as if we're having a meeting. I loved it, and it was fun - lots of fun. I had a TV, CD player and VCD player at my disposal just behind me.

We had lots of activities other than formal English lessons - excursions, movies (in the room or the KLCC), talent search, karaokes and so on. Those were good times in its own way.

The students come from all over Malaysia - East and West, and because of the long contact hours together for 6 months--they left the programme with such heavy heart and strong feeling of camaraderie.

Here are photos ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mcm best pula kelas ada karaoke...

hehehehe