Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Tokyo Blues Scene

I was just surfing youtube  and checking out the blues and street band in Japan and wow---wish we have those live here.......check these out.....For starters--watch this...really language is not such a big thing in music---the rhythm, spirit and mood--thats all you need..

and now---the others...

Watch that Japanese harmonica player

Yura yura is the name of the group.  They're pretty cool..

Here's what the contributor minkx8 (thanks mate) said about the above.

'What amazes me was he spoke with thick Japanese accent, but, he sings with pretty good Southern-accent songs! I just found out, his name is George Kamikawa and his website is . www.georgekamikawa.com'

Heres another one...ignore the distractor on the left side of the screen , awww---go on if you wish to.....

Oh yees ....give me the blues--anytime. Japanese or not.....

8 comments:

Helas木村 said...

Japanese people very talented in playing music, but when it comes to English.. heheheheheh.... not all of them can sing well heheh

imsunnysideup said...

You're helas---they're bloody talented. I have checked out their music scene--whatever it genre it may be ---adn have always enjoyed them....

Helas木村 said...

The Japanese always perform at the street show, But during weekend. If not mistake it is Harajuku Street where u can find a lots of bands in every genre shows they talent.

i have discover the Japan rock musics, and lots of them are famous at Europe like french and German, Gosh...

imsunnysideup said...

helas---do you know if there are places here where we get such good live music?
of course the baskers at Central Market are quite good.
But i;m looking for more of the jazzy/bluesy king of dig..

Helas木村 said...

ooops.. very2 sory sir.... dunt know too much about that.. hehehehe...

Anonymous said...

Try 'Lepak' cafe.Its somewhere in Sri Hartamas.I heard there's an open jamming session there.Those who played were really good.Lots of genre's but I think blues would surely be on the list.

Islam In Heart said...

sir. this is my blog kampungcyber.blogspot.com..sry i can change my url address..because this is my own blog...

imsunnysideup said...

PJ--Thanks for the info. I'll track down the place one of these days. Would be good if it fits in my wish....

kampung cyber
Thanks . I check out your place.
ps. nice name !