Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday morning moans !

What IS wrong with our traffic ???? Normally I would use the Duke Highway to get to office simply because there has never been a stand-still traffic jam - even during the Raya peak hours !!

However , today I had to use the AKLEH or the Ampang/Klang Elevated Highway. And that means I would have to go through that dreaded place called Keramat --- which is certainly no 'keramat' to motorists.

You see , the flow of traffic along Jalan Jelatek to Jalan Ampang would always be a car-park in the morning---the cars don't move at all !

And I believe its because of the T-junction of Jln Ampang and Jln Jelate which is controlled by a traffic cop ! This cop , unfortunately, feels that there is more traffic along Jl Ampang then Jln Jelatek. So he would stop traffic from turning to Jln Ampang for a l...o...n...g period of time ---thus causing a backflow right into the housing estates along Jln Jelatek. You can be stuck here for an average of 10 to 15 minutes !!!

So , finally I got on to the three-lane elevated highway. Motor-bikes used to be prohibited from entering this highway until a few months ago. So now there are only two-lanes usually used by motorist as one lane is now monopolised by the motor-cyclists !

However, this morning, while driving along the centre lane , there was this motor-cylist on the centre lane as well ! Now this ****** of a motor-cyclist refused to get to the side. Cars behind him were all ovewr the place trying to avoid as he wasn't even travelling at the normal speed. When it came to my turn to overtake him, I , short of using a double-barrelled-short-gun, flashing my lights and horning him had no effects at all, until I did which I never like to do. Overtalking him very very closely , then I looked in my rea-view mirror and I could see him going to the side lane.

REALLY ! WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR THESE PEOPLE TO RIDE SAFELY ??? NEVER MIND THOSE SQUEEZING IN BETWEEN CARS ENDANGERING THEIR LIVES AT THE RISK OF DAMAGING OTHER PEOPLES' CARS !

Earlier on, while coming out of a minor road into a main road , I was waiting behing a Kancil. I will not mention the gender of the driver . Now, I had to wait a long time as this person refused to move out until the main road is clear maybe for at least 5 km. ( I know I'm exagerating)---on both sides of the road . ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!
All those behind the Kancil were horning away !!!!

Then after the toll booth, I was following this car driving at a pace slower than you would if you were driving along the coast at Port Dickson on a Sunday !!! Now I'm not asking to drive for his life, just at the normal expected pace. Just go with the flow....thats all !!!

Haaaa....now that the cob-webs been cleared from my head .....

10 comments:

Helas木村 said...

theme of this week.... transportation matter..highway, small road, landasan kretapi, stesen kretapi and all moving vehicle ...

pEaCe said...

ahaaa.. lets hope someday soon there is a flying car =)

Helas木村 said...

-> OoIriss
yessssss flying CARpet !!! hehe

imsunnysideup said...

I'm more afraid of causing motorcyclist to fly !!---if you know what I mean !!

Helas木村 said...

-> sunny..
hehe... fly from fly over.. let them feel the real flying experience sir..

even dont have wings also they can fly like "superman" on the road

imsunnysideup said...

yes

'He believed he could fly
But I'm the one who made him fly !
Fly around every night and day
Left his bike and he flew away !!!'

ph said...

Sunnysideup, why don't you rollerblade to and from work, saves the headaches and frustrations kekeke...

imsunnysideup said...

ph
I was going to do that---but I was worried that I might drop my camera---which, by the way, I bring to work every day !!!

sicKo^ said...

motorcycle riders irritates me every morning too.. remember last time, the gov came out with an idea to ban the bikes on the road during peak hours.. they should proceed with that...

imsunnysideup said...

sicko
i understand the need for them to use the bike --- but why can't they behave !
Perhaps there should be a path just for them and that way we can keep them off the road for their own sake----but of course they will hit each other , as often happen along the motorcycle path along the Federal Highway !!!