Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Setiawangsa - KLIA - Selayang - Setiawangsa .

Boy- what a night that was ! I had to go to KLIA last night. I left my place at about 8.15am and arrived at KLIA at about 9.05 pm. I didn't want to park the car at the multi-storey car park, so instead parked by the road leading to the Arrival Terminal. I left KLIA at about 9.40pm and I had to go to Selayang. So knowing I had a long drive ahead of me ... I drove as safely and as fast as I could on the highway -- cruising at average of 150 - 160 kmph on a highway which was quite clear , fortunately.

After the Sungai Besi Toll, I had a choice of either going by Jalan Tun Abd Razak and down to Jln Kuching to Selayang OR turn to MRR2, on to Batu Caves and to Selayang.

I took the latter ! Big Mistake ---because this is one road that NEVER sleeps ! The traffic is heavier than the North-South Highway. And it seem so much further from Taman Tasik Selatan to Selayang than from my place to KLIA. I knew then it would be so much easier if I had taken the other route .

It wasn't an easy midnight drive because there were idiots who would take the right (fast) lane, and drive at a snail pace as if they were driving along the coastal road of Port Dickson on a Sunday afternoon. GRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!

Anway, coming back, I took the blessed DUKE Highway and was soon home in no time. Checked the odometer and found that I clocked about 290 km.

I'd love to end this posting with the favourite phrase ,

8 comments:

Tsar said...

what... 290km?? what a long journey.

imsunnysideup said...

Yes--thats what it shows on my meter anyway and I do feel 290 years old as well !

Helas木村 said...

hahah...... next time should bring along co-driver hehe

pEaCe said...

290km??? WOW!!! hope no 'love letter' in coming few days =D

imsunnysideup said...

iriss

I'm already expecting one for last Friday at the DUKE highway after the toll before the Gombak exit. Was caught doing 165 by JPJ.

imsunnysideup said...

Iris
thats 290 km ---distance covered !!! Not , never and impossible x 100 speed !!! hahahaha

Helas木村 said...

hahah 290km distance la.. not 290km/h... kesian.. hahaha...

better go take driving lesson class hahaha...then u know the different 290km and 290km/h.. heheh

pEaCe said...

ohh..ok.. relief..! i was thinking 290km/h and the logic is killing me hahahah...