Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My coming trip to Singapore....down memory lane....

6th November 2009, 9.00am, I'll be leaving for Singapore on the Aero-Line coach service . (using my new passport for the first time....yahoooo!)According to my expired passport, my last trip there was on 30th May 2000.  So it has been eight and a half years.!!

There are a few things I need to do and probably more things I want to do ! Oh well, we mustn't be greedy now must we ? BUT , one thing is definitely, my trusty Sony A300 will be busy !

Now, first , I want to visit my late Abah and late brother's relocated graave plots. I look forward to this and I know its going to be an emotional visit.  Next a trip to my old primary school and the old Pasir Panjang Road where I grew up, and Pasir Panjang Hill where I was born..

I want to see the changes that time and absence has brought to these places and to many more.

Behind my Pasir Panjang Secondary School , is a rocky beach which we boys used to settle our differences by having a fight on the beach after school. Words would spread befor the school ended and we would all flock to the beach after school. A big circle would be formed and the fight would always be on a one-to-one basis, never a gang fight. Yes , we had pride and honour !What did we fight about ? It could be anything ! Revealing somebody's secret, telling the teachers about somebody's misdeeds, jealousy, girls (which was a common reason).

A visit to Queenstown, Tanglin Halt, where my friends used to stay. Friends who were band  members and where we used to practice just about every other day after school! hmmmm... would be nice if I could contact them.

Of course , old friends , girl friends -  both casual and special. Guess the very few people here who knew my life back  there would know ! Naw...I'm dreaming.... But I would really really like to visit is Boon Lay Place ----my last place of residence in Singapore .

Yes ! Yes ! I'll be putting all these on digital memories when I get back !!!!

7 comments:

Helas木村 said...

while reading i was so terharu when u talk about ur school memories.. i like the gaduh2 part hehe.. 1 by 1 with bare hands... the mens pride..

well have a nice trip sir...

Alexander said...

wow.. u really wanna redeem back the 8 years of ur time ya..
can't wait to see how ur past is look like..

Alexander said...

eik... ader part gaduh2x ka??
wah.. come on share it with us..
let us know, how tough of our eng lect. is when he was young..

ph said...

Looking at your itinerary, you'll need to stay here for 2 weeks.

imsunnysideup said...

ph
Told you I was just dreaming and being greedy . Hey, I can always make more trips later on ... and i will. heheh

helas
well helas...those were the days. Yes, honour and pride meant a lot to us those days---even though we were just secondary school kids. There was gangsterism, but the norm among us is still the same.
In some ways ...these sessions became a sort of entertainment to most of us. Always ready for some excitement and more....and it was rare that the winner, or loser, if any , would hold any grudge after the fight . Life becomes normal and it goes on----until the next misunderstanding.

But as we get to Form 4 or Form 5, we sort of outgrow this activity and we became more occupied with life's growing-up problems or pains.

imsunnysideup said...

alex

Theres no big deal about this. Its just part of growing up . I'm sure you have your share of a young lad's growing-up adventures and pranks as well.
And I think you have that potential to have a more terrible boyhood than me......hehehehe

Helas木村 said...

wow.. looks like our school days almost the same.. gangsterism.. but no pride anymore.. for sure whole gang will bit 1 person.. hehe.. 1 by 1 is the best, then end it that time then settle..

lucky if got fight i just become audience.. and the funny part is, while watching girl's fight.. for sure never miss tarik rambut hahaha