Thursday, October 15, 2009

Is 'entertained' totally entertained ?



So , is there any other way of using the word 'entertain' or 'entertained', other than 'singing and/or dancing' as I was made to understand by the an officer in the Office ?

The answer is a big 'YES" ---as in 'being attended to '.

It can also be used in the context such as , 'Late entries will not be entertained !'

Next question, why do I post this topic ? Well a few days ago, the Officer in the Admin Office asked me to correct the above notice in front of her table ! Some of you might have noticed that sign!

. When I told her that notice is perfectly ok , she told me that someone said that the notice means that , now , don't laugh, someone is 'dancing or entertaining.' 

But I'm sure some , if not most, of you would know better than  that !


Don't ask me who that 'someone' is, because I do not know myself ! 

But I do seriously hope that that comment was just a tongue-in-cheek remark .....it has to be...I hope !

4 comments:

JonyBr said...

This post was very 'entertaining'

I was 'entertained'.

Please continue to 'entertain' us in future as well.

imsunnysideup said...

jony

I'm not sure if I should entertain your comment, heheheh

'I was 'entertained'.'
Now , bro---I didn't sing and dance for you right ?

Anonymous said...

well, its subject to individual interpretation...so, relax, mate...

imsunnysideup said...

anonymous 12.41 pm

Thanks for the comment . Precisely my point in the posting .