Monday, December 14, 2009

Old hobbies die hard !

Yesterday, at about 10 in the morning, I called Shah only to find out that he was somewhere in northern Selangor looking for a place which he found from the internet. He was looking for a bicycle as he is picking up the hobby again --- one he had when he was 10 years old.

An hour later I received a call from him saying he'll be there in 10 minutes. So with my A300, I went down to the car-park to wait for him - eager to see what he has gotten for himself . Less than 5 minutes later, the white Murano slowly reversed into my parking lot. Shah came out, grinning ear-to-ear, opened the rear door and - wallah !.

All I saw were, two bicycle wheels, two tyres heaped on what seemed to be a bicycle frame. Within minutes he was assembling the bicycle and soon I was riding it.

Verdict ? I must say its nothing like any memory of any bicycle that I have ridden before. Its so comfortable - what with two shock absorbers , front disc-brakes and I-don't-know-how-how-many-gears.. The ride was so comfortable, light, easy and fast. The remarkable thing is that I find it so easy to balance my self on the bike although I was cycling v-e-r-y slowly.

Well---he said he's getting the rest of the gear later --- helmet, knee-pad, elbow-pad . Happy cycling Shah !




..all in one heap..




..assembling it..



..the rear shock absorber


the complete 'down-hill' bike.

2 comments:

anak si-hamid said...

Please remind Shah his giddy aunt also loves cycling and has a Lady's Raleigh in our store for him to assemble!
Also remind him of the times you used to 'gantung' his bike whenever he misbehaved!

Helas(^o^)\m/ said...

coool.... super steel bike.. and also disc brake.. gosh... a mountain bike.. during my time famous is LERUN, shimano, and the frame also very weird hehe