Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Its my turn to go now.."

Those were the last words he spoke to me at Heathrow Airport when I sent him off for his holidays to Singapore sometime in early September 1982. Although he had meant that it was his turn to go back for a holiday ( because I had just had mine ), somehow the other  meaning haunted me terribly after his passing.

That was the time he turned back and walked back to me after he had   entered the departure gate and for the first time in our lives , we hugged each other.

That was the short period of time when we spent a lot of our time in London to rediscover ourselves as brothers and discard our 'rivalry' in everything !

You see ASH, when you send me first to UK to continue my studies and later  our late brother to UK as well -- it was more than just education that we obtained --- we found each other as brothers in every sense of the words - and more..

God bless you for that !

After his death, I never wanted to think about him too much---not because I loved him not or less  -- but it hurts too much.

But on reading your post-- I had and wanted to write this in memory of Akim. .

So dear brother, May He shower His 'rahmat' on you !
Mustakim bin Abdul Hamid
29.4.1949 - 21.9.1982
AL - FATIHA

Believe it or not, a few weeks before he went back to Singapore, we were listening to this song every time we were together, went to the record shops in Tottenham Road and tested the record (although we've already bought a copy) and used it as a reference song when we visited the Hi-Fi shops. I listened to it through my walkman whenever I hitch-hiked from Hull to London and back ! " Old and Wise" , by Alan Parson.

1 comment:

JonyBr said...

...*smiles*....

sometimes there r alot of things i would like to say but i just cant find words.