Wednesday, September 9, 2009

This is one off the chest !

Today, after the 8.30am examination, I wanted to go to the KLGH for a check-up just to be sure ( see previous posting).  I went with two other students, L and S . S is OK but L had been nursing a 'never-going' cold and flu. It was worrisome and with the insistence of S and me, she decided to seek medical opinion as well -- especially after the revelation of Anys.

On the way to the hospital, we discussed and agreed that it may take a   v..e..r..y   l...o...n...g  time just to see the doctor at the hospital and decided to see a private doctor who is also my usual doctor .

At the clinic, I  explained to the doctor that L is a student of mine. After  sometime L came out of the consultation room and the doctor called me in. We spend sometime discussing the H1N1 symptoms and the situation of L who is supposed to report to a hospital if she is not cured after three days.as that is the regulation from the Ministry of Health.

Next, he had a look at me, check me up and said that there is nothing to worry. Anyway, I learned a lot from my conversation with him and perhaps this might help others.

  • when flu/cold refuses to ease off after a few days, you should have anti-biotics or you will be weaken  by it
  •  Do not panic when you found out  a friend of yours has been testedH1N1  positive
  •  You only worry when that person coughs or sneezes 'into your face' at close range, or
  •  when there is physical contact between you and your friend, or
  • when you start having fever , coughs , sore throat and body-ache.

Anyway it is good to be reassured  that everything is fine and I hope L and S will have a great holiday when they go back to their hometown !

6 comments:

JonyBr said...

Yeah yeah, i got my self checked up too, by a Sime Darby security guard :D

imsunnysideup said...

hahahahah....Did he use the thermometer ?

JonyBr said...

I better not tell the details over here :p

imsunnysideup said...

Jony
can't wait to hear it ! How many times did you say Mike had his temperature checked ?


sicko
hahahahahah! Good one bro !

imsunnysideup said...

sicko
you're probably wondering ! Yes the above comment was for yours in the other posting !

sheila said...

jony how they check u..i also want to know...hehhehehe..