Friday, July 3, 2009

The H1N1....

I'm quite worried about the H1N1 situation . The news over the last two days didn't help. This is further emphasis ed early in the week when I was visiting IJN for three days in a row.

Each time you enter the hospital , there are security guards to scan your temperature, give you an identifying sticker and hand-wash before you're allowed in the building.

More so this month , my sister and brother-in-law are flying in from the United Kingdom in the first week and my son is coming back from the United States in the third week of this month.

Other than the safety hazards, there is also the nuisance of a possible quarantine.

Guess I just have to pray for the best.

4 comments:

sicKo^ said...

My mom n my sis just got back from china last 2 weeks. When they first planned to go there, I asked my mom isn't she worried bout the swine flu. Her reply was , swine flu is everywhere, even here in malaysia is not safe as well.. "kalau nak kena, dah nasib". However precaution must be the main priority.

So,the least we could do is take precaution. If any symptom arise, be sure to see a doctor. If I'm not mistaken, there is a swine flu vaccination thingy.

Not to worry sir. I'm sure everything gonna be alright. I wish your sister's family and your son all the best. May they have a safe journey home..

imsunnysideup said...

Thanks for the wishes sicko !
I know, but you can't help worrying. The irony of it is that , the three of them are more worried about the quarantine than the flu itself.
My son told me that in US, about 33,000 people died of the normal flu every year, but on the other hand, when he wanted to come back last month, the doctors there advised him to 'stay away from airports' !

Anway I pray they'll be back safele.

pEaCe said...

in malaysia, the case keep arising day by day but still no dead cases happen yet. in my opinion, wasn't really serious yet but to be in safe side, always think bout precaution.

anak si-hamid said...

Well, Mus,
We are a bit concerned too. Don't worry if you get a call from us at the Airport requesting for Tosay Dua, Teh Tarik Satu and Nescafe Tarik Satu.
See you soon.

Iain and ASH