Saturday, July 4, 2009

How Time Flies 2


A student/father and a daughter(hardly 6 months old) and a son.

My first daughter, Mariam, came into this world at the the beginning of my final year in the university. In a way she is special in the sense that she was totally looked after by us without any help from our family.

She was born on a cold evening in Hedon Maternity Hospital about 10 km away from our home. Although my wife was sent to the hospital in an ambulance, I had to borrow a friend's car every evening during visiting hours.

I was in the waiting room with my 5 year old son when the nurse brought in my first daughter. Holding a little baby girl in my arms at that time was special---I felt so protective , that little baby was so vulnerable .

It was something else to look after a baby on your own in a faraway land, and fulfiling your responsibilities as a student and a father. But my family did it.


It seemed such a long time and a struggle, but nearly two years ago when she graduated from UM --everything seemed to have flown by in a wink. Now whenever she talks about her patients and collegues, I still see her in my arms on that very cold evening in the hospital.

9 comments:

babyComebaCk143 said...

Wow..sir
reminiscence is great. I think every father would feel the same as u do…

sicKo^ said...

is that u, sir? u look aaa... handsome... haha.. neway, ur daughter must be proud to have u as her daddy.

ph said...

Lucky kids to have you for a father.

Mine is totally a waste of space !!

imsunnysideup said...

babyComebaCk143 and sicKo^

Hi ! Thanks for your comments,
Yes babycomeback, I guess remembering is always good---especially the good times. But I never forget the bad times either !
And we all have our fair share of it.

sicko
Yes sicko that was me. With my son tagging along with me, my 'saham' indeed crashed---but who cares !

imsunnysideup said...

ph

I'm really truly sorry if I struck a wrong note somewhere. Didn't mean to.

Thank you for ur comment.

ph said...

sunnysideup

Don't you worry. i am perfectly fine mate.

Helas木村 said...

so this time, the 2nd last rite?? err.. Born in other country.. waaaa... Have to go there la if Hari Raya.. hehe Balik Kampunggggg... oooo Balik kampung....

imsunnysideup said...

hahahah .... wherever the father is --thats the kampung.

Hey that sounds like a lyrics --'Wherever I lay my hat, thats my home..."

Helas木村 said...

ooooo.. ok...

ya the lyrics for me.. this september 16.. "oooo balik kampunggg"