Sunday, July 5, 2009

How Time Flies 3 !


In school when he was about 5 .

So for me, this week-end is more of a reflection time on my kids . Now its about my son, Shah, my friend who shares my interests ( cars, tennis, Hi-Fi, bowling, music, snooker - just about most things that a man does ) .

Of all my kids, he is the one that I felt I didn't spend enough time with.

When he was 4, I left him for a year to go to UK before he joined me.

When he was 12, I left him for a year again when I started working in KL.

At about 14, he left the house for 2 years to go to a boarding school.

Then at 19, he left us again to do his degree at Dundee University in Scotland for four years.

On completion of his degree, he was with with us for about 6 months before going off to South Africa for 2 years .

From there he continued on to Switzeland for another 5 years.


His student days when we visited the house we used to stay !


In fact since 1994, the first time we spend the Raya together was in 2005. Even now he is ' kejap ada kejap ta'da' and I am looking forward to his return this month.

We used to go fishing when we were still in Singapore (he was about three) . I remembered how he would throw the fishes that I caught back into the water. He would tag along with whenevr I went for my tennis games (and that was very often ). He was in my class of English in the College
in the Scottish International Foundation Programme.

To me, he is living my dream. His passion for his job which concerned the development of the motor-cars has always been a dream unfulfilled for me. But I thank God that at least this was passed on to my son.

To think of it, he actually spent only half his life with us as the rest he was always faraway. And sitting here and thinking about my first child, the same question popped out---

....where , oh where did all those years go ?


This was sent to me just a few weeks ago

I end this series with this lyrics......

"Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?
I don't remember growing older
When did they?
When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?
Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small? "

2 comments:

Helas木村 said...

n finally.... the first child.... some people said...

"anak lelaki, susah untuk di jaga, tetapi senang untuk dikawal.."

and i think its true... anywhere the son go.. still can control itself...

p/s.. what was the titile of the lyrics??

imsunnysideup said...

helas
Thats from a musical and the title of the song is 'sunrise sunset'