Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My "International " Experience.

UPDATE ONE !

I forgot to write about two very rich Iranians . These Iranians are all VERY tall ! Now these two are great guys. They could speak English and are very proud people. They are proud that they are Parsies or Persians. I again made a mistake of putting all Middle East people in one country (like the African) and whenever I refer to them as Arabs, they get very angry.

These two are so rich . I remembered them telling me that Iranians, whenever they get up in the morning, they always wondere what to do with their money. (Imagine if all of us Malaysian are like that !)

After less than a month in KL, they bought a club in Jalan Sultan Ismail. Yes ! The whole club ! Of course I get an unlimited open invitation to the club with everything 'on the house' as long as the club is theirs !Every night they will be working and only went back at 4.00am . Theywould be late for class , but I excuse them because they really wanted to study ! So I tolD them to get a car so that they can save time travelling in public transport.

A few days later, they called me and asked me to come down from the class to see the car they had bought. I went out of the building and saw a crowd outside ans saw the two tall guys waving at me . I made my way to the road and saw them with their car --- A BRIGHT RED FERRARI !!!!!!

more updates will follow...

............................................................................................................................................................

sicKo^
said...

u're a very international person..

sunnysideup said...

No, at that time, it was mainly movies at KLCC.

Yes sicko. In fact at that time, I didn't feel like I was in Malaysia. As soon as I step in the class room, I was zapped into another World - mind you, NOT country, because we all come from all over the world.

July 29, 2009 8:20 PM


The above are comment from a member and my reply. I would like to add further.

The learning curve for me at that time was very steep. There's so much to find from so many students from so many countries. I get excited whenever my lesson somehow deviated to a comparative session of different ways of life. Let me try to recall a few interesting ones.

It was my first of many experiences with the Uighur people from Xinjiang. I was surprised initially to find out that they are Muslims. I got so interested in their country, culture, way of life and anything about them that I read up and studied their Geography that I know it like I have visited it many times. From the students, I could imagine their life, their sufferings (which I wouldn't put in writing here) and their hopes and dreams. In fact most of them dream of moving on to the West like UK, Germany, USA and so on.

The students from Libya are something else. They are such gentleman and very polished with their behaviour. Even their jokes are 'gentlemen ' jokes. The three that I had are very humble and educated. In fact they all doing their Masters degree in engineering in UM.

Indonesian ? They are very much like Malaysian except for their pronunciation. The student I had from Indonesia ranged from children of Government servants to a son of a military General.

China ? I used to have a pre-conceived idea os peopkle who are suffering and hard-pressed. But the ones I see (and there are many) were nothinglike that. They are happy , jovial and quite open in their outlook. ( Forget about that female character from 'Mind Your Language' BBC series ! They are nothing like that. Thay are very likeable to me.

Africans ! Each country has such a different culture that I admitted it was my poor perception of the African countries. I tend to put all African in one basket, be it Nigeria or Sudan. That is wrong. Each country has their own identity.

Uzbekistan ? They are the ones whom I found most difficult to understand because of their pronunciation. They sounded like Russians. I know one of my student was 'caught' by an advertising production house because of his good looks and has appeared in a few advertisements on shampoo, telephones, phone cards etc.

I have written afew postings on afew of these students a. I will update this posting with a link .


Yes--I have no regrets at all teaching in that programme .





5 comments:

sheila said...

wow... update more about this ok...

Helas木村 said...

i think u have post about the Uighur student in your old blog.. got picture there..

pEaCe said...

wowww..why they spend money all the way to malaysia?now if i saw bright red ferrari, i know belong to whom now =D

sicKo^ said...

iRiSS,
next u see a ferrari, u know it belongs to me..

Sir,
u r a very lucky person as u got to know people from around the world... but i hope, not that lucky for tomorrow tournament.. haha..

imsunnysideup said...

sicko
hahahahahah.

I'm not lucky. I'm GOOD !....heheheheh