Sunday, July 19, 2009

...He's back.....



2 t-shirts all the way from the land of Jazz and Blues....New Orleans.






What a cool gadget ! torch-light, clock, timer AND tyre-pressure checker !


At last ...he's back. My son I mean. Its so good to have him back.We all gathered round for almost 2 hours catching up with news , but mostly listening to his stories. He looks so relaxed and jovial. I guess I can imagine what its like to come back after a long absence. Although its only six months, the distance always seem to make it longer.

When I spend my first night in the US sometime ago, I always felt like being on the other side of the moon. You seem to be so very far away from your home .

Anyway it good to hear his voice up close again. His sense of humour has somewhat increased. There are stories that made us double-up with laughter. Of course my conversation with him always goes back to cars. When I asked what its like to drive American cars, his answer ? "Its so good to be back in my Audi, where everything works and feels like a car !"

Welcome home son !


Addendum.

Oh--apparently for the first time ever he was talking about two-wheelers -- the Harley Davidsons. He was telling about how he went to the showroom just to see. Walking around one of the bikes, he saw this really huge man coming to him. My son was getting ready for a scolding and was also more than ready to humble up to him.
'Have you sat on the bike ?" , roared the man. My son meekly answered 'no.'

"Get on the bike ! Thats the only way to feel it !" ---(or something like that. )

Imagine that happening here -- the sales person actually encourage you to try it !! ---Not here--its not going to happen !

6 comments:

sicKo^ said...

nice gadget u have there.. wish i could have 1 too :p

anak si-hamid said...

Welcome Home Shah.
Dila, now you can get him to cook.

ma'ngah and uncle iain

dyon said...

gosh...i like the t-shirts...huhu..

Helas木村 said...

my god.... Free test hArley Davidson... WOW!!!!!!.. COOL...

and the gadget.. ahaks.. 4 in 1... Sir... Did ur son Meet Bumblee Bee THERE (Transformer),...???

imsunnysideup said...

I think bumblee bee was in malaysia then..

Helas木村 said...

waa sur eur son go visit Hollywood right??