Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The good the bad and the nobodies - revisited !

This is a follow-up to my 'The good, the bad and the nobodies' posting which you re-read here.

 Today, I was still recovering from my flu but because of the presentation from the particular class I wrote in my posting above, I dragged myself as I didn't want to postpone it.  This morning  justice was done in some sort. Let me just write it under 'The Bad" and later "the Good".

The Bad.

The person who gave me a lot of problems and troubles (refer to above posting) had a turn to present her report. And just as I had expected, the whole content, lock, stock and barrel were taken from somewhere. As if that wasn't bad enough, no credits or references were given either in her report or presentation as to the source or the writer of the original text !. Technical words were used in all the parts of her report and slides. Yet when I asked her to explain or elaborate, all she did was to stand in front of the class sheepishly , put on a grin and say 'I forgot." 

It was on purpose that I gave her time to think silently ( not that I was confident of getting a reply from her) in front of the class. But I could feel that her classmates were getting more embarassed than she was ! This went on with a few other words/terms /phrases which are too scientific for her level of knpwledge. 

I felt so vindicated then.......

The Good.

The last to present was another girl. I'd describe her presentation in three words. She's damn GOOD ! Easily the best I have ever seen in this institution. Yet all this while , she is so unassuming.

You may well ask, whats good about her ? Well...

  • She started witha good clear definition and perimeter of her discussion
  • The content was so well organized
  • Her slides are not 'wordy' with just the right number of text to attract the listeners' attention
  • She doesn't read her slide.
  • She only read the point from her slide , then gave a very good and fluent explaination of what is meant.
  • she didn't rush through nor did she 'dragged' her presentation.
  • she potrayed self-confidence which reflects the amount of preparation that she must have done.
  • she is spontaneous
  • I can't help but gave her full marks for Content and Fluency.

In fact, when she finished, I gave her a standing ovation and told the class that this is how a 'University student' should do a presentation. I thanked her for making my day.

Her class-mates must be surprised with my accolade on her. I know she herself was.

Well done Atiqa !!

You truly deserves this acknowledgement and recognition!

.

10 comments:

JonyBr said...

whos this girl?

imsunnysideup said...

she's from CBDS. A real surprise but pleasant one !

Angel said...

at least something good came ;)

Helas木村 said...

Ika... :::m!Sz wItHouT fEeLinG::: ????

imsunnysideup said...

angel

yes. 1 out of 18.

:.AtiqaMusa.: said...

helas...
not me lorh...
CBDS student...

Aeddy Asdy said...

Two Words For Each ::--

For The Bad.
~So Sad...

For The Good.
~WELL DONE..


p/s::-
~add my blog sir
~ http://aeddy-alapbana.blogspot.com/

MiRaCLe said...

HELAS

:::m!Sz wItHouT fEeLinG::: = Atiqah n from CCSS..

that 1 is Atiqa..

its a different person..

Helas木村 said...

miracle.. Sorry... Syntax error.. ahahahahha....

i only know 1 Atiqah in KLMU.. ahahah

Tsar said...

just 1 out of 18??? huh...
but better than nothing... he3 :p