Saturday, April 11, 2009

A 'ROJAK' OF CLASSES AND BATCHES....

This has got to be the mother of the worst semester for me since I joined the CCSP programme.  Before I proceed, I have to stress here that this is not 'grumbling' - but just lamenting  - however you want to interprete it.

You see, one of the language lecturers had to be on maternity leave and thus the person's teaching load was divided between me and another lecturer. Its not so mush the number of hours than the number of classes and levels .

Sometimes I couldn't give the usual 'personal' touch that I use to give to my classes. This was evident when I couldn't remember the name of a student and an error in the campers listing crop up. 

Now lets break this down.

The levels I am teaching :- ENG111, ENG211, ENG311, ENG411, ENG501, ENG511.

The only level I'm not teaching is ENG611 - BUT THATS BECAUSE THERE IS NO ENG611 YET, NOT UNTIL NEXT SEMESTER !

Ok--the classes that I'm teaching:-

CLASSES 19, 30, 26-28, 23-24, 25, 30, 31 (ALL CCSS).

BATCHES 4-7, 15, 4-5, 1-2, 11-12 (ALL CCNS, CBDS, CDDS )

So I am eagerly waiting for the end of April when the lecturer will be back on duty and my life can go back to normal.

I'm now in the process of choosing which class to teach (if I can) next semester .

There are many new classes and new faces this semester , and honestly I would rather teach them then those that I have had the experiences of teaching in the last few semester,s EXCEPT Class 23-24.

To me , Class 23-24 will always have a special place. They have ALWAYS been cooperative , pleasant, positive and just huggable. I mean, during the bowling tournament, I only needed to ask once and I get 90-100% participation ! And its the same with the Woods Camp, except for twoo, the rest of the class is joining in. They have always been there when I needed them - and I hope my new classes this semester would be the same !

Thank you, arigato,merci, danke !

I wish to mention here that I enjoyed meeting the new faces this semester. They are fresh, motivated and made my terrible semester easier with their cheerful expression and positive attitude.

Thanks guys ! I really enjoyed teaching you.

Oh well -- heres to the new semester and to my new classes and faces (except Class 23-24 who is more than welcomed ) and good luck to the others !!

7 comments:

sicKo^ said...

we really enjoyed having u as our lecturer too.. and if u feel tired because of ur hectic schedule, u can alwayz dismiss our class early... hehehe

imsunnysideup said...

I thought that is already happening...no? ...maybe earlier ..hehee

feeling is mutual ....

pEaCe said...

always enjoyed in yr class sir. i've learn alot! looking forward to the new semester!!

farehan said...

sir....
u r the best lec...
i hope u still teach us until last level....;)

babyComebaCk143 said...

naa..sir i really do enjoy ur class 2...
especially when u encourage me a lot.
if u dont ask us to do blogs, mybe i never do official blog. so..thx!

Aying said...

I loved u teaching because you always encouraged us to speaking in English. Give / build more confident in our self. Thank you sir.

Looking forward to see you in our new semester.

Helas木村 said...

its better get male lectre hehehehe.. coz no cuti besalin .. hahahahahah