Saturday, April 11, 2009

One of the best birthday presents!

A few years ago when my son was attached to one of the F1 teams , he gave  me what must have been one of the most unique and best birthday present I could ask for.  

 Before this, he told me to buy a thick round  glass of .... cm in diameter. This I did before he came back and thought nothing of it.

On meeting him at KLIA when he came back for a holiday, he had this big box with him. I carried it and it was so light -like its empty. I asked him what it was but he simply said something which wasn't clear.

On reaching home, he took it out of the box. IT WAS A RIM FROM THE F1 CAR HE WAS WORKING ON. He actually bought the old rim from the team. 

AN   O-Z   SPORTS RIM !!!!!

Now I see the whole picture. It is now my most sacred coffee table ! The height of the table is actually the width of the wheel !




The height of the table is actually the width of the rim


Top view without the glass-top

The table with the glass-top

10 comments:

sicKo^ said...

whoaa.. great stuff.. If ever u 're thinking of getting rid of ur coffee table, sell it 2 me :P

imsunnysideup said...

what can i say other than : heheheheheh

Aying said...

u are so lucky sir... i wonder how much that thing gonna cost in Ebay...
Which team used that rim Sir, Bmw Sauber i supposed?

imsunnysideup said...

Dunno if bmw-sauber stillusing this....but sauber-petronas was...

Helas木村 said...

i wish could get some unsuspected gift in the future also.. heheheh... but the best gift for me is still my FRIENDS AND FAMILY.....

imsunnysideup said...

helas --to me family and friends are NOT gifts. Gifts are objects ! To me family and friends are far better and higher than gifts - they are BLESSINGS !

Helas木村 said...

haaa... thats is the correct word... i'm searching that word BLESSINGS.. hehehehe.... but still blur last night.. long2 journey hahaha

imsunnysideup said...

thats ok helas. Journey ? Have you been on a trip ?

Helas木村 said...

yup mr sunnysideup.. but not far journey.its like 'a trip to nowhere' heheh.. a journey for a friend , than i get friend's... hehehe.. well now i'm develop the report 4 it on the next post hehehe

Alexander said...

WONDERFUL !!! f1 rim used for a coffee table ... i gonna tell frenz of mine who crazy about f1 tat u used f1 rim as a coffee table... his must be really surprise about this ... hahaha