Tuesday, June 23, 2009

7.00am on a Tuesday morning !

Captain Kirk of Star Trek would have started this post with something like this I guess : " Star Log, Tuesday , 23 rd. July 2009. 700 hours ....."

Anyway , back down to Earth, on the same day and date as Captain Kirk's, I left my house , as usual at 7.00am to go to work.

Stepped out of the house and a mild cool gust of wind hits me. That was refreshing - very refreshing. Stopped by the landings, looked out , and I could feel the cool freshness of the morning air - something very rare here in Kuala Lumpur.

Told myself this is going to be a nice day.

Anyway , went to my car, swirched on the engine and I even brought down the window ( well ...ok, the car air-con was also on, but still, usually the only time I bring down my window is to pay the toll, and even then only when my SmartTag has no credit ! But today ?

Slipped in my collection of Diana Krull , Noraj Jones, Natalie Cole, Eva Cassidy and others, and Norah Jones's 'Come Away With Me' filled the car. That husky voice of hers completes the atmosphere.

Driving slowly out of the compound, I could see the darkening sky and the heavy rain clouds looming above. People might describe it as 'gloomy' but I would rather call it dramatic and beautiful.

Yes I love rainy days !

Normally some cars would switch on their side-lights at this time of the morning, but today , most of the cars had their headlights on.

I felt so good ! I felt so blessed . I felt so elated !

Suddenly , the feeling of appreciation of God's creation overwhelmed me. I felt so thankful to Him for giving me this morning and everything and everyone in my life! For everything that I have , and blessed with , I felt very small in comparison to the natural grandeur that was presented to me in all its natural splendour.

All the way to the office, I kept telling myself, ----Syukur Alhamdulillah !

10 comments:

JonyBr said...

Such a wonderful post, nicely written

Aying said...

Ur right sir. Today when i wanna open the house gate, the weather feel so right and best...(with no sunshine, slightly windy, cloudy like it gonna rain).
Feel good to do last minute reversion before exam at 2.30 pm.

Expecting the rain, but till the time i wrote this comment, still no single raindrop (at least at cheras).

Helas木村 said...

while waiting the train... the wind also blown smoothly at wangsa maju.. lucky when already inside the train then it rains..

anak si-hamid said...

Lovely image, Mus. Hope it will be like that when we get back. But of course this must be accompanied by a tosay breakfast!

Blogger Ash

imsunnysideup said...

jony
Thanks . I wrote that as soon as I got in the office while that 'faal good' thing was still in me.
Good thing too because by 9.30--I was invigilating a 3-hour exam. What a waste that the morning had to be spent in-door. Had it been a class, I would probably tell the kids to go to the garden at KLCC and have the lesson there---if you know what I mean.

Aying and helas

it is a beautiful morning isn't it. We don't get that often and I'm glad to hear that both of you are already out of your bed to feel it !

ash
Can't promise the weather--but tosay will always be there 24-7.

imsunnysideup said...

jony
its 'feel' not faal'-??

pEaCe said...

im still sleeping.. usually the sunshine will shine through my window. but this morning, i just feel that still too early to wake up =) how nice if everyday is like this =)

imsunnysideup said...

Hey--I'm glad more of you are aware of the beautiful morning we had --- although some people were appreciating it in bed. heheheheeheh.

Apau Zan said...

sir, i suggest that you write some novel lah sir, publish them and don't forget to give me a copy of them

imsunnysideup said...

Apau
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm a lazy guy la. My family has been chasing me for years ---but this lazy bone is terrible. But who knows, one day when I am truly inspired --like yeaterday morning---....