Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thank you Hazalee_Hassan !

This morning , as usual, I arrived in the office very early-- way before 8.00am. Then , to my surprise , a member of our blogging community came to visit me --hugging his lap-top with him. It was Hazalee_Hassan of worldofhazalee.

Putting his laptop on my table, he reminded me of the song I once posted on my blog , 'Reflection Of My Life' by the Marmalade. Then,he opened up his music world of yesteryears and I was totally astounded. Nor, if you're reading this, you would be as well if you could see his hundreds of collection -- and this comes from this generation !.

You name it ! Jhonny Tillotson, Pat Boone, The Platters, The Marmalade, Ron Goodwin, Petula Clark, Helen Shapiro etc etc etc etc etc etc.....

He talked to me how his father has influenced him and how he has never changed. I was and am touched by his undying love to look for songs which his father loves. He talks about his vinyl collection, how he sent them to the shops to be converted to CDs ---all for the love of his Dad.

In some ways --he reminded me of me . I used to look for my late father's favourite songs. I remember getting for him vinyls of Japanese folks and classical songs, Spanish classics like Espana, Malagenia and others played by an orchestra and others which I've forgotton. Oh yes --and Tango musics like LaCompasita, Jealousy, Fernado Hideaway etc.

I dont want to write more except to thank him for allowing me to have a peek at his 'world of Hazalee Hassan' and I really really wish and pray that his father remains in the best of health to enjoy the music that Hazalee has so lovingly looked for his father's joy.

Lastly, I repost the Marmalade's Reflection of My Life --for you Hazalee.

The changing of sunlight to moonlight
Reflections of my life
Oh how they fill my eyes
Verse 2 (Repeat)
The greetings of people in trouble
Reflections of my life
Oh how they fill my eyes

Chorus
Oh my sorrows
Sad tomorrows
Take me back to my own home

Chorus (Repeat)
Oh my crying (Oh my crying)
Feel I'm dying, dying
Take me back
to my own home

Verse 3 (Repeat Verse 1)
I'm changing, arranging,
I'm changing,
I'm changing everything
Everything around me

Verse 4 (Repeat Verse 1)
The world is
a bad place
A bad place
A terrible place to live
Oh but I don't wanna die ...

5 comments:

Helas木村 said...

all the oldies.... heheh~~....

but weird.. why i cannot watch the video at office??

i think my supervisor block u-tube laa huhuhu

imsunnysideup said...

oh oh --that is bad news helas. I hope its not mermanent like here. Life is terrible without u-tube ..

Helas木村 said...

haha~~ doesnt matter anymore sir.. hehehe....

HariCCNS said...

wonderlah Hazalee came early only for this morning. hmhmhmhmhmhmmmm.
usually hazalee will come late to the class, but why suddenly today????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hazalee_Hassan said...

thanks 4 the compliment sir. I was great to share it with a lecturer & a friend that share the same interest. It's hard to find a friend who loves the song from the oldies.hehehe