Monday, June 8, 2009

Good 'ol Said !

His Mom, sis and Dad


No Said is not a verb but was a student of mine from Uzbekistan. He was barely 18 when he first joined my class. The minute he came in , I knew he was going to be one of the cheekiest students I ever had. And my instinct was right.

His Tom Cruise look was an instant hit among the girls in his class --and the other classes as well. His eyes would sparkle when he speaks and his smile would be contagious.

But he was lost . When he first came , he could not adjust to the weather, the food, the language and just about everything else.

However I made sure he accepted the situation . I made him him talk about his country ( which was an eye-opener for me and I had had many interesting talks with him.)

As time gets along he became more himself. He started talking more personal things about himself, his family, his girlfriend(s) and his schooldays, his dreams, his regrets and his hopes.

I told him to mix around and get to know the locals--both males and females.

Soon , I was beginning to get feedback from him on how he was approached by the girls every time he sits in the library (which I told him to do ).

He was missing his family so much that in a way , I became his family. His personal problems became a normal frank discussion with me.I constantly reminded him to mix around and get as much as he can from while in Malaysia.

And this he did !

He joined a 'silat' class in Keramat near the Jelatek train station. He was so interested in it that after about a year, he told me his instructor had begun to teach him how to massage and simple cures to ailments.

Next thing I knew, he told me that he was approached by somebody to do photo-shoots for advertisement. It started with still-shot and soon he went on to do advert clips of mobile phones, shampoo and a host of other consumer product.

One day, his family came to visit him. And the family and he himself made it a point to meet me. It was such a pleasure to meet them .

And I am happy to know that he is now pursuing a degree programme in business in a private university somewhere in Damansara.

We still keep in touch with each other and he never forgets to send his greetings and wishes on Hari Rayas and my birthdays.

Said , when you read this, remember what I always told you -"'Go for it !"

3 comments:

Helas木村 said...

wow... i think got purpose why u did not publish his photo here.... sure many girl will sms to get his email.. ahaha

Hazalee_Hassan said...

I agree with Helas.Just look at his sister so cute & gorgeous.Hehe.If the girls ask for the brother e-mail, then I should ask for the sister.hehe.What do you think helas?

imsunnysideup said...

hohohohoho !
but of course.......