Thursday, June 18, 2009

..Of The Dark And Dry World on Platinium Hill - Part 2






Just now , I received an sms from a student. Apparently her dilemma is having the water supply disconnected - yet again ! First my deepest sympathy to all of you affected. My heart goes out to you and your house mates as all of you are in the middle of studying for your FINALS ---and you do not need this to add on to your pressure ?

The biggest pain is that, as you told me, its not because you all do not want to pay, but because the bill was not handed to you all by the department concerned. That has got to be the mother of all ***** because the after-effect is not borne by the department , but by you all !

Let me reproduce my posting in my other blog about ONE YEAR AGO ! Apparently, in this world, some thing never change at all ! Read it and I do hope you all follow my advice in that posting ! Here it is .




Friday, May 30, 2008

..Of The Dark And Dry World on Platinium Hill

I have read so many posts on this plight that I decided to publish my reply to me-teratai's posting on this problem on my own blog as well.. Here it is:

"I'm not a victim, oooops, i mean participant, in this blacked-out world and desolate dry land that many of you are unfortunate to be in .

The first time I heard of this was like a million years ago when the first batch of students poured their predicament to me. They told me about:-

a) studying in the common areas like the corridor because they were in the middle of the exam
b) Having their bath in the shower of the swimming pool.
c) Enduring the humiliating experience of having other residents laughing at them

Today, with the second, third and latest batches of students---I still hear the same problems happening.

IS THIS BECOMING A TRADITION OR WHAT?

I also know that students are advancing the utilities payment from their own pocket.
What ARE the problems that it had to come to this?

The first time it happened--well, maybe it’s forgivable because of adjusting to a new system. But, the second time? The third time ? ?????????

To be fair , the people in charged have TRIED to come out with a system of students submitting the bills to the office . BUT careful studies should be conducted as to the routine of the meter-readers like when they come round to do their reading. Fixing JUST A DATE in the calendar doesn't help without knowing this info. This attempt to solve should be thoroughly planned.

There again, there should be a proper record when bills were submitted to the office, which unit had not submitted and so on. All this data would be useful to create a profile to avoid such problems from happening again, and again, yet again.....

No arrears should be allowed to accumulate in the bills so that
1) the Water Authority would not take immediate action on late or non payment
2) there is always a leeway for late-payments
3) as bills have been 'pre-paid' by students.

Whatever it is, my advice is, as in my postings in other blogs---do not take the law into your hands. Maintain your decorum as matured sensible students. Do not be aggressive--negotiate with patience and civility. If all these failed with the people who are directly in charge of this--then , bring it up to the highest authority in the college or to the power that be....

Good luck---by the looks of it--YOU REALLY NEED IT. "

# posted by sunnyside up @ 10:08 AM 2 Comments



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it happen again... hehhe..

last night our house also black out.. not because didnt pay the bill.. there is s fire near Genting Klang.. we go to unvistigate it was a school... huhu

su3zy said...

i guess this things wont change at all... the same bad hostel management... i think it will be 1001 times the same complaint goes to the klmu management... but still they wont take any action of it...

Anonymous said...

the 3rd time re produce hehhe