Friday, June 19, 2009

The biggest 'toyol' ever !




Above -- the toyol, both sides of the paper. 

There were three exams going on today. Two classes on level 6 and one on level 5. I was invigilating on level 5 when I received a call from jony who was looking after level 6. 

I thought it was a normal call-up to explain some aspects of the questions, until I saw jony with a student at the corridor.  Reason ? Caught cheating ! Evidence ? A full page of answers on an A4 paper !

Wow ! My first impression was---boy ! is he an optimist ! Either that or he has got to be the highest stake gambler in the college thinking that the invigilator would over-look him !!!!

Then , came the pleading , the appeal, the regrets, the 'my first time '  and so on. But , like I told him, 'you play, you pay !".

I have seen a few 'toyols' from the size of a bus ticket to an exercise book page size. But , today  an A4 size  is now added to the list !!

9 comments:

JonyBr said...

Trust me I have seen bigger :p

There is a follow up on that, i ll fill u in on monday

Anonymous said...

sir..what the hell of big toyol u got sir...try to catch more and make it as reference to student.hehehe

imsunnysideup said...

There are--. Every exam at least 5 - 8 cases. We didn't publicize it because those caught would be so embarrassed (I think) if we do that. But I do not know how long the management will think that way .

maybe toyol keepers should be more high tech. Then the game of cat and mouse will be more challenging. Just afraid that the cat will get more mouse-traps ... hahahahaha

sicKo^ said...

so what happen to the guy, sir..? After this we cannot do this kind of toyol anymore coz u've reveal it to the world :p

imsunnysideup said...

sicko

Come on , let's not be naive . Check with the office or the programme Managers how many case there had been of cheating in the exams !
So really --I didn't reveal anything NEW here !
In fact, this is a habit among SOME--NOT ALL students.
Any other universities , these people would have been dismissed from the institution. !!

sicKo^ said...

yup.. I can say that i've seen a lot of student cheating in xm b4 n i've also seen that sometimes they get caught by the invigilator. But I hardly see any action is taken against them. So, just wanna know what kind of action actually that these students should face if they got caught in KLMU.

imsunnysideup said...

sicko
Thanks for your comments and interest in this topic. I mean it.
As for your queries on this, its best you ask the office.
I believe they can be fined up yo RM200 or RM500, repeat the semester of the subject or more. I'm not really sure.

Encik Jameel said...

i think i missed the whole toyol party. but i couldn't help but laugh at the man with the talent. if there's a toyol catching competition, i think mr atif will be undisputed champion. he's that good!

imsunnysideup said...

Jameel
Not anymore. He has been superseeded by two other new guys. I believe they hols the record now !!!