Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I should Not Have Gone Out !

So I had to go to Central Market to collect the t-shirts - and that was the beginning of a string of events which , to put it very mildly, bloody suck big time !

I didn't want to drive into the hornets' nest that is the area of Central Market/Kota Raya/Pudu. So I decided to park my car at Denmark House and take the train to Pasar Seni.

To be honest, I have not been on the train for ages, and I mean ages ! So it was quite pleasant (?) to take the escalator down to the underground station and smell the musky air conditioning of the station.

5 years ago , I use to take the train everyday for nearly 2 years every morning from Setiawangsa to Pasar Seni. So it started ok , so far ---until I got on the train and had to witness the same crap (sorry about this word) again.

I was standing and there were a few vacant seats but I still prefer to stand. Then came in an elderly couple with two children aged about 5 and the other 6. I saw a the man taking a vacant seat , and there was a kind of embarrassing silence when nobody else seemed interested to give a seat or two to this elderly Indian lady with two kids. She looked at me in desperation and I shook my head . I was going to walk to the young, healthy looking Malay youth who was nearest to the poor woman and ask him to give up his seat.

Just then , from the opposite row of seats, a Chinese boy stood up and gave his seat to the woman and two kids.

And the bloody Malay youth just sat nonchalantly . He didn't even bat an eye-lid ,his lifeless eyes staring like a zombie.

I know the race/community is irrelevant as it could have been any race. But at that moment in time, this is what I see happening in front of me.

Truly, courtesy and chivalry are truly a dying characteristic in our society.

Its been easily a few years since I last ride in a train-----AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED !!!!

3 comments:

Helas木村 said...

train-train-train... in this big city... always the same thing happen.. every day...

humph.. people dunt have choice.. for the youngsters.. first come first serve.. huh~~

Unknown said...

things will never change if they choose to remain in their 3rd class mentality. typical!

pEaCe said...

will change but when? 2020?