Friday, May 22, 2009

Alan Parson's Old and Wise.

In answer to a request, this is the song I use to play with my late brother . It was our favourite. This group was introduced to him by his Thai class-mate. (amazing that I remembered this bit). 

You see, he was playing on his walkman from a tape he borrowed from the classmate. We like it so mush and took a a bus ride (instead of the tube) from his flat in Kilburn to Tottenhotspur road to look for the album. This is just one of the songs from the album. Since then, I have bought a CD version of this beautiful song.

Heres one from the utube with lyrics. Just take a listen and sing it. 

4 comments:

JonyBr said...

Its beautiful

imsunnysideup said...

Glad you like it bro !

Helas木村 said...

wow.. i like when the song get into the chorus part...

anak si-hamid said...

Mus,
I remembered you giving me a cassette which included this song. It's heart rending because it was just after Akim passed away and I felt that that was his voice.
I kept on going back to my post box at Brunei's GPO, sometimes 3 times a day, hoping against hope there would be a letter from him, a letter just before he left UK for home. But there was nothing and after 2 weeks I gave up.
I could not bear to listen to this song and now that I know it was your favourite and his it makes it more poignant and agonising.
I'm afraid where Akim is concerned, I can get older, but not wiser. I still miss him, despite 27 years. He would have been 60 this year, 29th April.