Friday, May 22, 2009

" I STRONGLY PROTEST ....'


"(Their English lecturer) said...
You know , you are the Captain in your presentation ! You could have told that person to 'shut up' in a nice way by saying thta he/she WILL be given a chance to talk later, but for noe , tell the person to let you finish your presentation.If this doesnt work, then wait for that person's turn to present.......
May 14, 2009 8:42 AM

**I believed that this person do not know who is

the subject of the discussion. I knew this lecturer. He is good and fair enough in everything."

.

Yes ! I do strongly protest ! The above is my comment in one of our community member's blog when she expressed just how upset she was at her presentation !

That is fine with me, but the darndest thing is that , the person, intentionally chose to replace my photo with a logo with the words "Just Shut Up" clearly on the logo.

THIS IS NOT, AND WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTABLE TO ME ! Why would you deface my identity , and the person knows who I am. So what is the insinuation here ? Is he inferring something here ? Note the "Their English Lecturer". True , I didn't know he was the 'subject' of that post, but even if I do , I would still write the same thing ! It doesn't mean that I wouldn't because There is no disgrace in my comment. Theres only over-sensitivityon the person concerned!

The attempt to whitewash this unacceptable behaviour by putting some nice words about me ,is, to me, adding insult to injury. An attack has been made on my person, does it mean that I have no right or should not reply.

Again , by the same token that this deed was done without so much as informing me before hand, gives me every right to write and comment on the discourtesy done on my identity. I mean, the students even knew that that was my comment because they do read and write blogs---through my encouragement.

Just what is wrong with leaving my photo and identity intract ! Again , what is the agenda ! To protect me ? Pleeease!

So, I say again, there is also courtesy in blogging. Let me reproduce a comment I received from a total stranger asking for permission to use my one of my postings ! This is decency, respect and courtesy , which is totally absent from the blog in question !

.

hasANah haLim said...

Hye Mr.Sunny.

I was blog hopping and bumped into your blog last week. (I've been your silent reader since that day as u can say.. ^___^ )

One of your posting really caught my eyes. The title is "Presentation Tips". I want to ask your permission to put the tips in my blog.

I just watched my interns did their 'viva' and I think actually they can do it better than that.

Please let me know if u permit me to put your posts in my blog. (and do let me know too if u didn't allow me to do that..)

Thanks and nice day ahead! ^___^

May 12, 2009 12:05 PM.

.

and my reply , ( I have put key words in bold )

.
sunnysideup said...

hasANah haLim

Hi ! Nict to know you ! I hope you won't be 'silent' after this as I really welcome and love to hear commentd from readers !

But of course , please do so . If it can help somebody out there please, be my guest.

Must say I appreciate the 'asking first'.

As you would have gathered , I'm trying to get my students to go into blogging and so far--I'm happy with the results.

Hope to 'see' you here again !

May 12, 2009 12:27 PM

.

.

What more can I say ! Now that is lesson on courtesy !

By the way, feel free to comment here. There is no selectional persecution here. If you still fear the repercussion, then don't use your nick, use anonymous ! I have activated this facility.


14 comments:

Aying said...

Only one word sir....

" I STRONGLY AGREE ....'

Alexander said...

no one can stop us for wat we going to write.. its wat i felt n .. am i mis something here???

imsunnysideup said...

Absolutely alex ! As long as we respect others and do not 'cross the line' . ANDDD... the student was only expressing her opinion and frustration ! She wasn't abusive !

imsunnysideup said...

we have done a lot of 'bashings' between us , but its not malicious !

Alexander said...

yup sir..some of the talk does not mean into it.. its just to cheer the moment to remember in future.. so that we not forgetting them and tanks for them...

Helas木村 said...

emm ... at last you found the post...

i think i do have put a comment on the community posting, but when i check it back... dint have my id inside the re-post ..

i just hope that.. all the community here will enjoy posting in peaceful and harmony environment... just like before..

huhuhu

imsunnysideup said...

helas

Amen to that !!!

I have had request for the address of the blog in question but I think I won't reveal it as it might make matters worse !

faez_faezlyn said...

kita harus pertahankan hak kita..
tak sepatutnya menciplak hak org lain..

Helas木村 said...

well... hope this problem can be settle... hehe by daway sir, where is the bowl post yesterday??

only 2 blog already post it.. but not much picture laa.. heheh

imsunnysideup said...

nOT YET LA HELAS. The photos that I took pun not so good ! Maybe post tomorrow !

sicKo^ said...

Sir..
This is my personal opinion regarding this matter..

I think she the picture/logo there was not meant for you. It's a picture for the whole post meaning that u did ask her to told the other person to shut up, so she's putting a picture/logo that she thought would spice up her post and related to the meaning of the post.

However, she supposed to insert your name as the author of that post, but she choose to only use 'Their English Lecturer'. This shows that she dunno how to put her 'English' word nicely and accordingly. But I'm sure she does not mean to insult you. She also does not know that she was doing a mistake.

So, my suggestion is ask her, let her clarify things first and teach her some menace as clearly she's lack of it.

p/s : I owed u McD milo panas.

Helas木村 said...

ok.... Take ur time.. hehhe

imsunnysideup said...

sicko
Thanks for your comment but I think you are missing the whole picture.
1. I did not specify the person who put my comment with a different logo as a 'she'. Obviously you presume I meant the student, which, I'm afraid is wrong.
2.'spicing up' is not the issue here, not if you know and could read the whole posting and grasp the spirit in which it was written !
3. wMay I ask what do you mean by 'its not meant for you' when my personal photo has been replace by that logo. Put it this way. If I replace your your photo in this comment with something which would give a different representation of you personally. I would not call it 'spicing it up'---I would call it an insult to my person !
4. T"his shows that she dunno how to put her 'English' word nicely and accordingly." --- come on ! If you believe this ---then you believe anything !
5. In order to make things clearer and avoid misunderstanding , refer to my latest posting "Looks loke I have to reveal !"

sicKo^ said...

I've refer to ur latest post, and clearly I got the whole thing confused.. Sorry..

Your no 4 point is absolutely logic.. How come I never thought of that b4?