Friday, May 1, 2009

CCSS 23-24 and CBDS 8-9

On Thursday I had a combined  class with the above . Before doing the set lesson, I gave out the lyrics of 'My Way ' for my usual "general" English.  Apparently nobody knew the song or if they did, may be too embarassed to say so. Anyway to those who genuinely didnt know, here it is . I told you there are many versions and I have chosen this  -- by Robbie Williams, one of my favourites. 



and what about this version ?


And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and ev'ry highway;
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried.
I've had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
"No, oh no not me,
I did it my way".

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way

ps..hi budakfelda---welcome and thanks for joining. May I know your blog-site please ..

 and to those without the photos, welcome--though I wish you could include your photo as well as your blogsite. Thanks.

8 comments:

Helas木村 said...

Yeahhh i realy2 know this song.... and the best part of the lyrics is when it says

"I did It My Way"....

But this not the original version right...?

imsunnysideup said...

Glad yo do helas.
Actually it a one of the (if not THE most) popular choice in karaokes. In fact I read somewhere that it was so popular in the Phillipines that the song was actually banned in many karaoke outlets. There was even a case of someone being shot because he sang this song , after being warned by the shooter not to .

pEaCe said...

i hate this song alot..because of this song, i need to struggle alot for the right notes(piano).it takes almost 3weeks to get the right momentum.that day in the class when i saw the lyrics, i smile and i say it to my heart, "i see u again"..

imsunnysideup said...

Yup--certain things simply haunt you iriss. Just cant get away from it.
Worse if the tune stays in your head -- refusing to go away !

That guy in Phillipine who shot the other guy singing the this song must faced the same thing as you perhaps---struggling for the right note on the piano.
I think I'll 'force' Wan to sing the song in our next class - and he'd better wear a helmet if he doesn't want to get thumped from you ! heheheheh

Azhar85 said...

Yea..it's my way..my style...whatever....huhuhu :)

pEaCe said...

i hope he doesn't know bout this song.... arghhhh...and i bet he's going to be late again!??erm..hopefully this time..hahaha.. <"cruel">

imsunnysideup said...

...he did it wan's way....

Coming late that is ...making him stand on the chair and sing won't be such a bad idea now....

Helas木村 said...

again i forgot to tick the folloe up arghh...

well i did it my..... wayyyyyy

hehehe