Saturday, May 9, 2009

This Day , That Day And Whatever Day !

There was a time when other than the religious festivity days like Christmas, Hari Rayas, Vesak Day, Chinese New Year, and so on, I could only recall Valentines Day.

Then , the others slowly but surely crept in. First there was Children's Day. Well fine, if I remember correctly, it was first started by the UN (I think). It was meaningful and really more for the unfortunate, homeless and starving children of the world. Next came Teachers' Day. What can I say about that ! Students spend their pocket money buying gifts and momentos for their 'loving' teachers ! Concerts and celeberations were held in schools .

But what do we have over the last few years ? We have Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day, this day and more this days !

What do all these have in common ? PRESENTS ! GIFTS ! MEAL TREATS ! I believe the departmental store and restaurants are happier than the Fathers and Mothers of the world !
All we do actually is show our love by spending money , or more accurately giving money to the business people !

Why does it has to be wth gifts that we show our love, appreciation and remembrance to our loved ones.?

I am convinced that all these is nothing more than a grand plan to part with our money under the guise of 'love'.

Now I am not a Shylock ( the character in Shakespeare's play who is well-known for being so stingy with his money). What I'm saying is that whay can't we just give in the form of money ? Moreover why do we need a day to remember them ? I know I don't! To me everyday is this 'special' day ! What about Birthdays ??

So what are we going to have next ? Now let me think ! What else can we exploit the best out of human weakness ?

Oh ! Theres Friendship Day , Brothers' Day, Sisters' Day, Pets' Day, Classmates Day, Housemates Day, Coursemates Day, Neighbours Day, Fellow Human Beings Day, Brakfast Mates Day !, Chat-mates' Day, YM's friends' Day, Relatives' Day, Uncles' Day. Aunties' Day, Grandfathers' Day, Grandmothers' Day, Club-Mates' Day.............

So ...watchout and be prepared to buy your cards and gifts. I'm sure if its possible, the business houses would love to a have a 'special' day every day of the year . That would make them even happier (..and more prosperous..)

I know there will be many who will disagree with me. Lets hear it from them. I welcome them with an open heart. Convince me !!

16 comments:

Helas木村 said...

i totally agree.... at last i found someone..that Sekepala with me.. YESSSSS. and i got point also here....
actually i have arguing with few persons.. about this Event.. but always i lose to them huh.. coz i got no point to explain.. example Mothers day tomorrow.. Why would u have only 1 day to remember your mother..?? everyday is suppose u remember ur mother.. not only on mothers day.. same goes to friends, fathers.. why only 1 day... then they come out with few point.. sometimes people busy so cannot remember their parents or friends.. dats y need 1 day to remind the people who was really bz.. yuks... i hate that explanation.. everyday we pray.. 5 times a day.. sure after pray we "berdoa" that is the time where we "doakan semua keuarga, sahabat, jiran.. dan sebagainya" .. thats my sincere opinion about this topic...

correct me if im wrong...

sicKo^ said...

I partly agree with that..

I agree that mother's/father's/children's,/teacher's day shouldn't be celebrated at a specific day in a year. It should be everyday... They deserve it..

But some people don't understand this.. Usually, on everyday life, they just tend to ignore their parents/teachers and so all. They do love their parents/teachers but they just don't know how to show 'em or maybe, they just don't care.. So, with these 'special' days, at least they can do, or will be remembered to do something different to show their love..

But for those who shower their parents/teacher with love every single day, these 'specials' day is just like any other day..

just a piece of my mind...

imsunnysideup said...

helas and sicko

Thanks for the comments and opinion.

That is strange for these people who forgets ! 365 days in a year and you forget everyday !
Then when the INVENT Mothers Day ( just ONCE in a year) , and they remember just that ONE day !
Poor Mothers !

Do we need a ****** Day to remember our love ones ? sad, sad, sad ..
Its more loike being glamorous and making such a big thing about something which should be done sincerely, affectionately and INSTINCTIVELY without having to fill the pockets of departmental store owners !

imsunnysideup said...

Oh I forgot, I think its a Special day alright --- for shops selling cards, gifts, presents, restaurants , flowers etc

imsunnysideup said...

OK I had a one or two comments i won't publish. It seems I have struck a few sensitive chords.
But I won't apologise because to me my mothers day should be everyday AND the special day is on Mother's Birthday.
I will never commercialize my Mother because thats what it amounts to !

Sorry guys---I DO feel strongly about this ! I dont want my precious part of my life to be exploited and turned into something commercial !

And helas , you are welcomed to use this point also !

pEaCe said...

i agree!!everyday should be whatever day..but in my opinion, they(who?) create this special day once in a year to remind human what day is today.especially the important one for me, mother's/father's day.why should it be created 1 particularly day only.. weird... seems like u're the mother and u're the father for only 1 day. so, celebrate it only on that day.. =|

imsunnysideup said...

Iris
right--then they create a situation where we will spend our money on flowers,cards gifts and food so that these business can make money.
All these 'days' are nothing more than aplot to make us spend our money on their goods.

hmmmm.... bloggers day, drivers' day, lecturers' day, cats' day, dogs' day, monkeys' day, enemy's day, bus conductors' day, taxi drivers' day, shop keepers' day suckers' day, .....anymore ?

Helas木村 said...

Monday,
tuesday ,wednesday ,thursday, friday saturday , sunday

no holiday..
all working day...
have a nice day...

but better create EARTH DAY.. than EARTH HOUR.. hehhe....

ahahahahaha

imsunnysideup said...

hahahahahah...funny funny....
what about Today, Yesterday, Pay day ....

Helas木村 said...

today, yesterday, next day.. all working day...

actually what day is today?? omg... what happened to me today...

hehehe...

ow back to the topic.. we can call all the day that used only remember something in 1 day as... Shopping day... or wasting money day....

Tsar said...

i think we all departmental store should start to celebrate "customer day". the day when all customer can take anything from their store without pay. i believe all people in the society will happy no matter whether they are mother, father, children, teacher etc... hehehehe

Azhar85 said...

nahh..i always forget about what day today..then do you think i will remebered all events day..hahaha...

luckily..one of my family or my friend or etc surely will remind me about those day..

imo, cards, gift, etc are one of the way to appreciate this events day but most importantly it's depend on us how we want to celebrate it happily...huhuhu

imsunnysideup said...

Tsar
hahahah --thats a good one ! It's time they become considerate , loving, generous like they want us to feel during all the other days..

Azhar
Cards or gifts --I agree. BUT , on my terms , condition and time. Not one decided by them !

Helas木村 said...

Azhar85
i'm asking what day today is not becoz i'm forget... but deep inside it got alots of meanings in malay i call it SINDIRAN YG SINIS... hehehehe.... everyday is the same... no relax... hahaha.....

imsunnysideup said...

Azhar
helas is having an 8-day week now. So after sunday , he doesn't what day it was because he is still waiting for the week-end to come....

Helas木村 said...

ya.... i have to work 10 days in a week... i couldn't find where is another 3 days... ahahaha