Friday, May 1, 2009

Eva Cassidy

She is my favourite jazz/blies singer but unfortunately she had only 2 album as she died young. What a pity. 

I have her album Live at Blues Alley and Autumn Leaves always does something to me. Its such an old song and my late Abah's favourite as well . I remember him playing strains of it on his piano in the mornings after he retired . 

There are many versions of this evergreen but Eva's version is still the best for me. 

Listen to her !

The falling leaves
Drift by the window
The autumn leaves
Of red and gold

I see your lips
The summer kisses
The sunburned hands
I used to hold

Since you went away
The days grow long
And soon I'll hear
Old winter's song

But I miss you most of all
My darling
When autumn leaves
Start to fall

3 comments:

pickled herring said...

i like Nat King Cole version of this song and i think Eva's cool too.

Azhar85 said...

Sir...if this question don't bother you...

How she died....she has the beauty plus talent...

P/S : If this song has any related with it..I wonder...

imsunnysideup said...

I believe she died of cancer . She was only in her mid-thirties.
It IS a pity. She only managed to produce two albums only I think !.She is American, but it was only in UK that she made it big, and also in Australia.
I liove her soothing voice.